The WestSource Carbon Benchmark™ service provides a metric for evaluating the current emissions generated operations of a company or organizations facilities and buildings. WestSource Solutions quantifies energy, electricity, and water consumption in two ways:
1. Based on an inventory of appliance, equipment and building systems and an analysis of occupant habits and operational patterns; or
2. Based on actual measurements recorded by energy monitoring equipment over a set period of time (12 months is best).
The RETScreen Software, developed by Natural Resources Canada, is used to model the quantity of annual emissions produced by the operation of building facilities.
The Carbon Benchmark™ is the sum of the emissions produced by the electricity and natural gas consumed. This service provides the first step organizations and corporations should take who have or plan to set mandates to be more environmentally responsible in an effort to decrease their carbon footprint.
Target Carbon Neutral™
The WestSource Target Carbon Neutral™ service is designed to help businesses take a leadership stance in sustainability and environmental leadership by developing strategies to work towards the ultimate goal of becoming carbon neutral. Once a Carbon Benchmark™ is established, a WestSource Solutions green expert can analyze the areas of consumption and subsequent emissions to develop a plan in coordination with the company or organization’s management team to eliminate their carbon emissions.
The WestSource Green Talk™ service includes:
1. Training Series: on types of alternative energy technologies and energy efficiency systems available; and,
2. Learning Sessions: to help your organization’s member achieve a higher level of understanding and awareness of the importance of being environmentally sustainable at both work and at home.
Is this service for your company or organization?
• Is your organization working towards achieving green standards within your industry?
• Does this include providing your employees with ongoing training regarding technologies efficiencies and conservation?
Let us help by developing a customized training session to meet the needs of your organizations goals.
The WestSource E3 Model™ is the analysis of alternative energy generation and energy efficiency systems. The WestSource E3 Model™ is a set of calculations to determine the following:
• Energy Savings: the potential annual decrease in energy consumption;
• Emissions Reductions: the potential annual decrease in tonnes of CO2 converted to equivalent, tangible quantities like acres of carbon absorbing forest planted and cars taken off the road;
• Economics: provides the initial capital cost, estimated lifecycle costs, incentives & rebates, payback period, and rate of return on your investment.
The WestSource E3 Model™ is a summary that assists you in making an informed decision!
Building LEED® (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design):
WestSource LEED® Accredited Professionals coming in 2010!
LEED® Accredited Professionals:
• Work in every sector of the building industry
• Understand construction practices and regulations tailored specifically for Canadian climates
• Can demonstrate a thorough understanding of green building practices and principles and familiarity with LEED requirements, resources, and processes.